Originally Posted By: spy
I dont have one but a few people i know do and i saw a guy put two bags in his coleman the one that says it holds ice for five days and at the same time my other buddy put one bag in his yeti and the coleman still had ice in it after the yeti melted. the coleman was also twice the size of the yeti and i was thinking about buying a yeti till i saw that but i will say the latching system is much better on the yeti and it looks to be able to take alot more abuse. i dont own either so i dont have a dog in the fight. i still have a couple old school igloo big white cooler that serve my needs.

You can't compare the two like that you've got to get the temp down inside the yeti. They are so thick they will hold the heat if the coolers already hot so they atleast need to be kept inside with the lid open the night before you plan on using it. Even better if you can put it in a deep freeze the brig the temp down and chill it.

My little yeti will hold ice for 4 days if I leave it in the house before I put ice in it. 2 days if it's been in the back of my jeep in the summer sun. It will hold cold water and slush for another day or two after that. The biggest thing about. Yeti type cooler is that they are so well made they will last a loooong time

We will burn that bridge when we get there