Originally Posted By: NortonZ7
He's not guilty yet. All marijuana seized has to be tested to make sure it is real. We have to do three test on ours. If they issued him a citation they were probably pretty sure it was marijuana. If it turns out not to be the citation will be dropped.

I know in GA MCCD has a whole lot more power than normal LEO. They can stop a truck any time and just go to inspecting where as we obviously have to have at least RAS to execute a traffic stop.

They don't have more power than normal LEO. Any LEO can do this if it is done as a routine part of their job and not done in a random manner, but your agency probably will be on your case because that is not your job assignment. It is the assignment of DOT Revenue Officers, however, so they stop and inspect trucks. No branch of LEOs have more powers than any other branches, just different duty assignments and authorities based on those assignments. The constitution is what limits powers of LEOs and it is the same for all.

Splitting hairs I know, but it is a pet peeve of mine to say one branch has more power than another. We are all governed, or limited as it may be, by the same rules.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.