Hello all… I’m sure this has been addressed before (many times) but I have searched several forums and have come up empty. I’m looking for ideas on how to keep the hogs from getting into my deer feeders. I know fencing around the feeders will work, but not really wild about spending a lot of time and money to build fences around every feeder (I have 5) unless this is going to be the only solution.
I have tried several ideas…..

1st I raised my pvc gravity feeders up to approximately 40 inches high. This worked for a while, then the hogs would stand on their back legs and hold onto the feeder with their front legs and eat …..

2nd I tried the pvc feeders with the” y” on the bottom and hung them from a tree with cable. I was told the hogs will try to get up to the feeder and since its hanging, it will swing away and they would not be able to get in them… WELL WRONG… I have pictures of the hogs standing on their back legs and basically slapping the feeders. In some photos, the feeder is completely vertical (lol) therefore spilling corn each time the hogs slap the heck out of it…..

My 3rd and last attempt thus far, I went back to the pvc gravity feeders attached to the tree, raised them 40 inches, and raised the walls of the trough to make it harder for the hogs…. Needless to say nothing I have done will work

Does anyone know of a method that might help??? I haven’t tried building trough type feeders yet, I’ve only been experimenting with pvc feeders… any ideas or success stories are welcome...
Thanks

k-i-d-d