It is beyond comprehension why anyone would continue to defend a breed of animal that has been PROVEN, with statistics, to be overly aggressive. Oh, but wait, those dogs that killed people weren't pits. It's because the media has an agenda against them. Seriously? Please explain the reasoning to why the media, or anyone else for that matter, would benefit from having an agenda against a breed of dog? I guess they just make these stories up of kids being killed to fuel the fire for their agenda? That's laughable. It must be the dog owners fault for not training their dog responsibly? All those owners of killer pits (you know, the ones who weren't really pits) must have been training them to fight and kill so it's their fault. I can agree with this to an extent, but not for the same reasons given by pit lovers. It is their fault to have a breed of dog, proven to have aggressive behavior, around kids to begin with. But what about the chihuahuas and poodles? I'm sure an adult would have a difficult time pulling a muscular chihuahua off of their child when he decided to attack and kill huh? But, my dog is the sweetest dog ever. I'm sure all of those other parents said the same thing before their precious pit killed their child.

The bottom line is it has nothing to do with the way a pit is trained, how they're raised, or who they are raised around. They are notorious for aggressive behavior. It is in their DNA and mentality. Their wires are crossed and there s nothing a pit lover, or anyone else can do about it. If they attack, they attack to kill. That doesn't mean that every one of them is going to attack and kill but the potential is there, more so than with any other breed of dog out there. That's enough for me to know there will not be one around my family. If you love them that's your choice but when his switch flips and he attacks and kills a family member you have no one to blame but yourself. If he comes into my yard you won't have to worry about him attacking because his chances of doing so will end right then and there.

-------------------