Originally Posted By: JTapia
Grew up with Pits. One would babysit while Dad was in Vietnam and Mom was at work. I have owned half dozen over the years and never, ever have I had a biting incident. These were pets, family members and had nothing to do with self esteem, what kinda croc was that to come up with?

I do however, have scars on my face from a chihuahua and my daughter as a mark on her shoulder from a chihuahua. Using you guys logic I guess I'd be happy seeing that chihuahua breed wiped from the face of the earth.

Of course I don't feel that way about a breed of dog. I also don't feel that Guns should be banned because a few irresponsible adults allow their firearms to be gotten ahold of by kids who then kill themselves or another kid.

You just don't get it. A gun is always safe until someone makes it unsafe. many of these pit stories involve a dog that was very loving until it decided to kill. If I ever heard one story about a gun loading itself and killing a child all on it's own. I would get rid of all my guns immidiently. Guns are completely predictable. From all statistics Pit bulls are not.

I don't let my kids play with guns just because they have never been shot with a gun before. I realize and recognize the potential for danger. If Pit owners did the same a lot of innocent children would be alive today.

Instead they say, no, my gun isn't dangerous at all, the kids play with it all the time. In fact I leave it unattended in the yard because I know it's completely harmless. Never mind all the children that have been killed by guns before, mine is different. "I substituted gun for Pit Bull to make the point."

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 04/14/14 06:39 PM.