Originally Posted By: Todd1700
I came very close to killing bird number four this morning. I went to a listening spot I haven't been to all year.I only heard 1 bird on the limb. He was way off, probably off of our property. He only gobbled two times. On my way back out I stopped in the road after from time to time calling. I was in a little bottom in the road looking up about a 50 yard long hill. I yelped on my mouth yelper and he thundered in the road just around the curve at the top of the little hill in front of me. I knew instantly I was in deep do do. I turned and ran off the left hand side of the road. I setup on a pretty good pine tree with a limb hanging in front of me for good cover. I threw on my mask as fast as I could. But when I looked up there he stood in the road 45 yards in front of me. I didn't even have my gun up and I think he saw me putting my mask on. I couldn't do anything. He putted and walked off. He was a big sucker and mighty pretty.

Dang sounds about like the flash hunt I had with my buddy in GA. We got very lucky not to get seen that morning.

Last edited by Squeaky; 04/10/14 03:57 AM.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life.
Comes to us at midnight very clean.
It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."