I came very close to killing bird number four this morning. I went to a listening spot I haven't been to all year.I only heard 1 bird on the limb. He was way off, probably off of our property. He only gobbled two times. On my way back out I stopped in the road from time to time calling. I stopped in a little bottom in the road looking up about a 50 yard long hill. I yelped on my mouth yelper and he thundered in the road just around the curve at the top of the little hill in front of me. I knew instantly I was in deep do do. I turned and ran off the left hand side of the road. I setup on a pretty good pine tree with a limb hanging in front of me for good cover. I threw on my mask as fast as I could. But when I looked up there he stood in the road 45 yards in front of me. I didn't even have my gun up and I think he saw me putting my mask on. I couldn't do anything. He putted and walked off. He was a big sucker and mighty pretty.

Last edited by Todd1700; 04/10/14 03:55 AM.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren