Originally Posted By: Talltines
Quote:
And out of 10 guys that hunt for a week at a plantation 3 will tag out!

You must have gone to a Crappy lodge. If the guides didn't want people to kill deer they wouldn't be there long for sure. Plus the way a guide makes his money is by Tips an unhappy hunter won't tip. Our kill rate was in the 60% range which is pretty dang good for free range and 3 year old or better and the other 40% usually had the chance at bucks but would pass for bigger. And you made it our business when you posted for openings on a public forum so anybody and everybody has the right to reply how they see fit. And it is your place your rules I do Agree with that.

TT, I dont know G2, Ivory Man or whatever this guy may be or anything about this Lowndes club other than this thread has been fun to follow. But I am going to have to call BS on your 60% success rate on 3 yr old and older bucks at a commercial operation. Thats not remotely possible. Let's say you have 7,500 acres of the best land in AL. If you run a modest group of 10 hunters twice a week (3 days hunts) for all 16 weeks of deer season that is 320 hunters (which is probably a low estimate if you have a 7500 acre operation). A 60% kill rate on bucks 3 yrs old or older would equate to 192 3 yr old or older bucks killed in a season. Not possible much less sustainable. You could have been close to 60% kill rate including doe harvest but your mature buck harvest was probably closer to a 20-25% success rate with a lot of 2 yr old 14" 8 points thrown in like most of the better lodges in AL.