To Patriot;
1>Being a disabled vet has a lot to do with it if that disability left you 60% paralyzed on your right side and totally blind in your right eye. I am right handed. Try closing your dominant eye and shooting with you non primary hand while standing up walking. Until then try sticking to subjects you know something about.
2> Bill Gray, supervising Biologist for the state of Alabama has been a friend of mine for years. Bill stated after hearing the events that the ticket should not have never been written. I have no problem with Chris or Keith they were doing their job and interperting a very vague law. I greatly appreciate the service they provide I simply disagree with their interpretation of 9-11-257 and so does the Alabama Attorney General. Did Chris also tell you I volunteered if they needed any help at the WMA the morning I checked in. I picked up trash at Cahaba River WMA for many years as a volunteer.
3> Officer Nix specifically stated that the problem was not the rifle. It would not matter if I had been carrying a bow or spear. The charge was for hunting not carrying a rifle.
4>I congratulate you your family and friends on being such conscientious hunters and unloading. I truly cannot honestly say that none of the people I know have ever received a citation from DCNR. But then many of my friends do not work for DCNR. If you choose to ignore your constitutional rights and how law is enforced you won’t have to worry about any of this for very long. You will not be allowed to carry a rifle anywhere. Try listing the places that you can legally carry a rifle across your shoulder in our state, even though the second amendment gives you that right. That is a very short list. Maybe I took a different oath than you or your relatives when I entered service. And no, I am not refering to your DCNR service.
5>you offer a lot of opinion but no evidence. Show me in the Constitution of Alabama anywhere where anything is mentioned regarding the unlawful carry of a loaded rifle on a railroad. Taking my hunting rights for a year on a first and only hunting offense is BS. I went today and appealed and plan to put it before a jury. Baldwin court wanted me to sign a blank appearance and cost bond and then send it up to Judge Bishop and then let him fill in the blanks as part of the appeal. I am sure that you have some piece of fuzzy logic that justifies this.
6> Concerning society and your opinions on the downfall. Laws and courts help define the boundries of our society.
Just because I dissagree with an opinion on the law I still respect it
7> Look at your map again for Perdido River. I was parked at the North end of the paved road against the river. I was stopped less than 100 yards from the end of the management area North bound off the management area.

And you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how uninformed. It is always good to think about other aspects. By the way, it is the 1st Amendment of our constitution that gives you that right to have an opinion and speak your mind. Thank you for your service.

Last edited by Bucky205; 02/08/11 05:35 PM.

"There are no easy days, not even yesterday"