To Bucky,
First of all I am a 55 yo veteran of the USN. My father and my grandfather are veterans. Several of my uncles,cousins and three of my brothers by marriage are veterans. Being a veteran has nothing to do with your complaint.
I have two older brothers that are not veterans and they do not hunt, but they and everyone of my family members, relatives and friends know that when hunting - before you step onto a public right of way or railroad, unload your gun...or you could be charged with a violation of law. It isnt hard to unload and reload your firearm. It only takes a matter of seconds to complete the cycle for most firearms. If it is hard for you unload and reoad your firearm then maybe you could take up swimming or some other sport that does not involve moving parts, like balls you could lose i.e. golf,tennis.
Second you cannot step off the railroad bed on Perdido River Mgmt. area and be within 100 yds of exiting the Mgmt area, (unless you cross the river into Florida). Once an individual treks back to his vehicle from the railroad bed on that Mgmt. area they would still have to drive at least a quarter of a mile to leave the area, (unless you drive into Florida- this is a moot point because all hunters have to check in and out of the mgmt area at the check station for safety reasons.)
Third, I know the two officers that contacted you the day you were standing in the R/R bed. They are as honest and conscientious as the day is long. What is really sad is that a ticket would not have been written for 9-11-257 if your gun had not been loaded.
Fourth, maybe everyone else in court that day plead guilty except for you.
Fifth, if someone blatantly coomits a violation, when the rules are spelled out in black and white ( FREE readily available handout Hunting and Fishing Regs and Info. 2010-2011 page 20 left hand column at the top paragraph titled 50 Yard Restriction), then yes you can be charged.
Lastly, what young people are you referring to ? All of them? There are many young people today that respect the law and its representatives. Young people that have guidance and violate are usually taught to violate by example. Young people that have no guidance and violate are a product of our society.
As far as all young people not having respect for the law is just an insult and you do not know what you are talking about...again.
The example I see you setting is one of deceit, misdirection and blame for everyone but yourself for your own mistake.

The Patriot