Originally Posted By: bill
They aren't playing at a traditional pace but they are definitely playing by the traditional rules. If they weren't, there would be no reason to implement a rule to stop them. The coaches would figure out how to get their players in the right position to make plays rather than lobby a rules committee to do their job for them. Oh, I forgot, it is really about player safety. smile

Most of the rules we have now were implemented at some point because someone somewhere was doing something that was within the current rules but outside the spirit of the game, so a rule was either modified or instituted to combat it.

If you can say with a straight face that you like this style of football more than "actual" football then I don't have a problem with your stance. It's those people that know deep down that this is bad for the game and support it anyway,just because it's the only way their team can compete, that I have a problem with.

Maybe you aren't one of those.

I will agree that it has nothing to do with player safety. Saban knew that was the only way to get it in front of the committee this year. A means to an end.

Last edited by BartMan79; 02/15/14 07:58 AM.