On monday Dec 20, 2010 I killed a deer that I had been hunting since the season started. I put out camera's before the season and got pictures of this deer in early OCT. On tuesday Dec 21, 2010 I had this deer at my place of business in the middle of town letting all my friends look at it. On the evening before when I was getting ready to move the deer I completed the harvest record that I was given when I bought my Lic. About 12pm on tuesday my buddies and I watched the GW drive by my car lot several times. My friend Brian told me that the GW was looking for me. So we sat there and waited till SHE found me. OFFICER DEBRA DIXON. She pulled up in front of the building got out and I immediately walked over to her. She asked who's truck that was. She ask who's deer that was. I told her that both were mine. She went over and looked a my deer. Ask for my LIC and Harvest record. I gave them to her. She immediately told me that I was in violation.

I had my lic. and I had the piece of paper that walmart gives out THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE TO BUY A LIC.

Well I filled out the wrong one. And that meant I had a dup.

So I was in violation. NOT the reg states that I have to being doing this for the purpose of avoiding the requirements of this regulation.

I CLEARLY WAS NOT. THERE WERE 15 PEOPLE THERE LOOKING AT THIS DEER. 2 NEWSPAPERS HAD CAME AND WROTE A STORY ON IT. I HAD IT OUT IN PLAN SITE IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN.

Yes I made a mistake. But I was not in violation. If I had been trying to get out of writing it down. I would have just given her the dup. and told her I was hunting on my own land. Or I would have told her that I killed it in another state. Which I have Lic in 3 other states.

I told the simple honest truth. And she found a reason to ticket me.

I will be going to court. And I will be asking for a Jury Trail. And I will find out if She is on Commission.

Oh and for all of you that think I deserve this ticket. If you have a hunting pamplet with you or in your truck. YOU HAVE A DUP. HARVEST RECORD.

SHE SCREWED UP ONE OF THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. I TWO AM A VETERAN OF THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORP. 6 YEARS 2 WARS.

I AM STARTING TO HAVE DISRESPECT FOR OUR GW'S

Last edited by robgillaspie; 02/03/11 09:32 AM.