Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Your problem maybe your scope. I had a Bushnell on my 44 mag and the FOV was not good. I put a Leupold with the same 32mm objective as the Bushnell and it made a world of difference. Did you just want to stay with a wheel gun? A 44 mag was as high as I was going to go in a wheel gun. I didn't see enough benefit for the recoil. I went to a 308 TC Encore. That's what my Leupold is on.

I'm a revolver man through and through. What I love about the 460 Mag is that it generates more energy, velocity, and knock down power at 200 yards than the 44 Mag does coming out at the muzzle, and the felt recoil is no more than a 44. In fact it doesn't kick as hard as my Ruger SRH with hot handloads but it is a heckuva lot louder! I also like that it will also shoot 454 Casull and 45 Colt. My problem very well may be the scope itself. It's the only hardware that I skimped on..the FOV is the problem. I will definately look into the Leupold models..love that brand..all my rifles wear Leupolds. I should have known to go ahead and spring for high quality glass! Thanks for the feedback! Speaking of recoil, I bet that .308 Encore is a handful ain't it?