Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: bill

Originally Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67
The one thing I have noticed in todays society is that churches and preachers are not preaching a bloody gospel anymore.They are preaching success in life and monetary prosperity.I dont know anything about the church that has been mentioned but if it is preaching Jesus Christ crucified for our sins and risen from the dead I'm all for it.The Bible says that in the last days that we would heap ear ticklers to ourselves .Thats what is making alot of the preacher-teachers famous today is that they are telling us what we WANT to hear not what we NEED to hear.Joel Osteen is a prime example.He is a great guy I'm sure but he is preaching-teaching in the wrong direction.Just my two cents FWIW

X2. Joel Osteen , TD Jakes and Benny Hinn are preaching a prosperity gospel or name it and claim it. Very dangerous and they corrupt the Word Of God. Preaching that caters to the notion that everything is about us and that God wants to give us all kinds of worldly goods if we just submit and ask, is false and damning teaching. God doesn't promise us worldly comfort and material possessions if we follow him. In fact he says we will face persecution and hardships while we are in the world. I wouldn't want to be any of this false teachers come judgement day.

Don't be so fast to condemn any minister lest you be the one judged. There is a reason that Jesus paid the awesome price that he did and it involves a lot more than living a broken life on this earth and enduring until you die. Yes, some have corrupted the prosperity message both in teaching and in hearing but that doesn't make it any less true.

God tells us to be careful who we listen to. He tells us to study his Word so we can discern truth from false teaching. There is no doubt in my mind when comparing God's word to their teaching that they are false teachers and exactly who God was warning us against tickling our ears.

Please don't fall into the trap of misusing the verse in the Bible about judge not lest ye be judged. God isn't telling us not to judge the actions or teachings of others. He is saying that we don't have the authority to judge another's soul to heaven or hell. Judge not means not to condemn or judge another's salvation. That has to be the most misused verse in the Bible.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard