Rounds in magazine nothing chambered. Scope covers on, 100 yard from vehicle. The judge punished me for dissagreeing with the officers definition of the law. You are not suppose to lose your hunting rights until the second offense. There is nothing in Alabama illegal about walking down a railroad track with a rifle, be it loaded or unloaded. The 2nd amendment of the US Constitution and Alabama Constitution both give us this right. The prosecutor had to keep askig the officers what the law was on most of the cases. Another issue is that they totaly disreguarded the Alabama Attorny Generals opinion on the definition of 9-11-257 which stated that you must fire the rifle to be guilty. Warden informed me that I would have been charged carrying a bow, crossbow or spear. In his opinion as soon as I showed up at the WMA and drew a permit I was hunting.
The cost of fighting as a disabled vet is high. I have already given up amost a months income over this. I did purchase huntalabama.org and will do everything in my power to expose these LEO's and Judges that form the Good Ol Boy justice system in a lot of these counties that target hunters for revenue. There are some very good biologist and LEO's out there. I have known Bill Gray and Adam Pritchett for many years and have always found them to be fair and honorable, as well they run a fabulous program in Barbour county. The judge punished me for dissagreeing with the officer. You are not suppose to loose your hunting rights until the second offense. If I could give one piece of advice to hunters it would be stay away from Baldwin county. Few dear many, citations. Not one person was found not guilty on 31 Jan 2011. If the Attorney Generals opinions mean nothing maybe we should consider starting there with budget cuts.

"There are no easy days, not even yesterday"