They will do whatever to prove all hunters are outlaws and increase their county revenue. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate any help. I am truly innocent of this charge and getting nowhere. This was my first violation of any type other than a couple of speeding tickets.

Judicial Court 31Jan2011 1:00 pm
Courtroom #3 at Baldwin County Courthouse in Bay Minette, Alabama
Mailing Address:
312 Courthouse Square, Suite 24
Bay Minette, Alabama 36507

Phone - (251) 580-1647
Facsimile - (251) 937-0225
Email - jwboffice@alacourt.gov

Prosecutor Brian Britt
Officer Christopher Nix, Alabama Wildlife Biologist Perdido River WMA

Date of offense 17Dec2010
Location of offense Perdido River WMA ( 1st time on this particular WMA)

I was walking down the railroad track North bound, hunter orange, with rifle on shoulder sling; 100 yards from exiting the WMA 10:30 a.m. 17Dec2010, stopped by officer Nix and charged with 9-11-257 ( Hunting from a public road or railroad). Defended in court plead not guilty and explained I was traveling back to my vehicle and showed the court the opinion of the Alabama AG stating that you must fire your weapon from public road or railroad to be guilty of 9-11-257. Told by the judge and prosecutor that the AG's opinion was simply an opinion and had no relevance. Told by the prosecutor that the Ag opinion was inadmissible.

Found Guilty 1000.00 fine and 180.00 court cost and loss of hunting privileges for 1 year.

Not one person was found not guilty in the entire courtroom

Personal History 49 yo Combat Disabled Vet ( 70% paralyzed right side, 100% blind in right eye) 18 years service USN
Hunting experience 37 years mostly on WMA's

If you park on a public road and walk to your hunting area you can be charged at any time.

and yes I love my country, but I do find myself asking myself would I make the sacrifice again to defend what we are rapidly becoming. I understand now why so many young people have so little respect for the law.

"There are no easy days, not even yesterday"