Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: Baybuzzard

I am still puzzled by the fact that the people who most strongly object to a change in season structure for SOUTH Alabama, are from North Alabama.

Color me Bumfuzzled. confused

Not me, I was hellbent against it when some in LA wanted to extend it for the WHOLE state. I'm glad ya'll got it, most of us in NA were getting tired of the whining.

Funny thing is although I am for the change in seasons, I don't even bother to hunt for rut anymore. I do my hunting in October & November. And the ironic part of that is, if the line moves any further north, I will lose 2 weeks off of a season that only lasts 6 weeks where I hunt.

confused Explain, where in Alabama is deer season only 6 weeks long and will then go to 4 weeks if shifted North?

A national wildlife refuge open Oct 15 - Nov 30 only. Bow hunting only. The last few years my knees have gone to sheet, two replacement on one knee. Can't get around like I used to. Now only care about hunting here.

If the south zone shifts north to encompass the refuge, I will lose those two weeks.

Does the State set the seasons on the NWF? If they do, lobby to get them adjusted, I bet a group could get it done. You have your group right here.

NWRs are Federally controlled. They are not likely to adjust their season to accommodate a handful of hunters. The refuge I hunt on is managed for the benefit of ducks. That is why it closes Nov 30. But I do appreciate you're concern & support thumbup