Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
Originally Posted By: 49er
Remington270,
Quote:
You make a good point, and I'm glad they did the repopulation efforts.

I just think we should be careful what we ask for in terms of more regulations because they seldom give up power once they get it.

Let's be clear. Game Check has nothing to do with repopulation and conservation of the species.

Game Check is nothing more than an attempt to satisfy the liberals who want their 3 buck limit to be strictly enforced.

There is a huge difference in conservation and replenishment of wildlife and attempts to micro-manage a particular species.

The general public supported conservation. Our legislature passed our game and fish laws. Those laws are a reflection of the public sentiment.

Game Check and quality deer management rules are the result of a small group of men who want to force their theories on the public while bypassing our legislative process. The low participation in Game Check is a reflection of the sentiment of the public as well.

49er,

I consider you an intelligent man. Yet, when you spew BS like this it makes me wonder!

How do you know what the crafters think? Do you have the ability to read minds?

The reason there is low participation could be that it is voluntary and therefore everyone knows it won't be adhered too and accurate. But, once again I guess you are a mind reader and know the truth.

Your distain for the DCNR and government in general become more apparent with every post.

The FACT is if it weren't not for the DCNR and the government deer and turkey would be gone from Alabama just like the elk are gone. You can't have unregulated hunting and maintain a healthy population of animals.

So how is the virtual de-regulation of wild hog hunting working out?

Last edited by RMcL; 12/20/13 03:54 AM.