Originally Posted By: truedouble
Originally Posted By: CNC
I have to agree with 49er. Anyone who is a big supporter and in favor of the game check system would definitely be calling their kills in.......voluntary or not. Looks like its a pretty small percentag right now.

CNC, do you think there could be any correlation between low participation and lack of knowledge about the "NEW" game check system? I've called in my kills but if I didn't get on this site, I'm not sure I'd know about the game check system. I doubt the avg hunter reads the game law publication so how are they supposed to know. I bet there are also a lot of hunters in SW bama that didn't know their season was closed until they either got busted or someone told them.

Ignorance is not an excuse but ignorance can't be underestimated. You can't go from the most liberal game laws in the country to trying to implement a tagging system, call in system, etc. and expect immediate compliance or participation. Over time it will happen and it would be sooner than later if the DCNR would find some better ways to communicate these changes to the general hunting public than just through the hunting reg pamphlet.

I agree communication is key. But, don't we as hunters have the responsibility to check each year on the updated game laws and regs? I know I pick up the digest each year and read the what's new section or whatever it is called.

I have hunted in several states and I will say without a doubt we have the simpliest game laws/regs of any of the states I hunted. I mean in some states you have rules for each drainage for fishing. You have different rules for each county for hunting. I mean it takes a lawyer to figure out what to do in each location.

I have to give 49er credit, at least he fights what he disagrees with. Many hunters/fisherman simply go ahead and do what they want to do. So what if they kill 10 bucks in a season.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 12/19/13 10:10 AM.

Alabama Hog Control, Inc.
www.alabamahogcontrol.com
Barry Estes

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke