Originally Posted By: yelkca280

Originally Posted By: truedouble
Matt, I didn't look close enough I guess. Even more surprised that Limestone and especially Lauderdale are at the top...

It would be interesting to see why those counties are leading...more bucks killed due to a higher number of yearling bucks being killed, these counties are just doing exceptionally well and have a lot more bucks than a lot of other counties, more man hours in the woods or are more hunters calling in their kills from these counties than others? There sure is a lot left to be determined.

Matt, what is the state hoping to learn from these numbers, considering the probability that a lot of hunters aren't calling in their kills and there is no info. on the ages of the bucks being killed? Not complaining, and if it's just a warm introduction to a more informative reporting systems then even better.

I was thinking the total numbers looked extremely low, like 9er said.

I can tell you the answers to all the questions you ask about Limestone Co. The first thing you need to know is that you are hard pressed to find a track of land over 300 acres in Limestone co. Every little parcel is being hunted inside and outside the city limits by people who are scared that the one and two year old bucks will jump the fence and their neighbor will kill them which they will. Most people in Limestone co like to parade their
70inch stud bull around town, get their picture in the paper, and are loving that they can call someone and tell them they shot a deer. The common comment is how he was a big ol bodied deer and in reality he was a 2 yr old that tipped the scales at about 125 live weight. I wish like hell we would go to one buck per year to stop the madness in this part of the world.

Lol, bad day at the office?

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters. —Archibald Rutledge—