Originally Posted By: Tryn_hard
Sorry to drag up an old thread, not sure how this will be received, so let me say this is my first post here. I am a regular contributor to the PFF forum and a search for PL info there, led me to a search here, and eventually to this thread.
I have purchased land & am in the process (almost complete) of building a lake house/cabin at PL. This is on CR225, on the White Oak Creek side, just before the boat ramp. I have one acre and it is part of a 14 acre development (hate to use that word) that runs right along the creek. I can see the passion that some of you have for the PL area, which is why I am a little apprehensive posting here. Hopefully, I wont be looked at like the rich guy that's ruining the hunting. Nothing could be farther from the truth - especially the rich part. Just a regular working guy that has spent his life savings on a beautiful place. The wife & I have fallen in love with the Oak & Hickory tree waterfront and hope to one day be able to retire there.... assuming we don't get devoured by a black panther first. For now fishing and relaxing are all that's planned but I love to hunt & would like to know what's going on with the land past the public boat ramp and across 225. I am familiar with the property that Mr. Cole hunts and know the landowner there, also have some friends who have a place on 403. I love hearing the stories from the area and would love to hear more especially about the history of the area. I live in Milton FL, but listed my location as Portland Landing, thanks for any replies
Kevin

You are more than welcome to call me anytime. I will be glad to tell you about the history that I know. I told a couple guys in the club with me about some of the old meeting places on the property. They took their metal detectors and found some great stuff. Lots of history there. From Indians to share croppers.

Barry
334-301-0179

Alabama Hog Control, Inc.
www.alabamahogcontrol.com
Barry Estes

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke