Originally Posted By: Tryn_hard
Sorry to drag up an old thread, not sure how this will be received, so let me say this is my first post here. I am a regular contributor to the PFF forum and a search for PL info there, led me to a search here, and eventually to this thread.
I have purchased land & am in the process (almost complete) of building a lake house/cabin at PL. This is on CR225, on the White Oak Creek side, just before the boat ramp. I have one acre and it is part of a 14 acre development (hate to use that word) that runs right along the creek. I can see the passion that some of you have for the PL area, which is why I am a little apprehensive posting here. Hopefully, I wont be looked at like the rich guy that's ruining the hunting. Nothing could be farther from the truth - especially the rich part. Just a regular working guy that has spent his life savings on a beautiful place. The wife & I have fallen in love with the Oak & Hickory tree waterfront and hope to one day be able to retire there.... assuming we don't get devoured by a black panther first. For now fishing and relaxing are all that's planned but I love to hunt & would like to know what's going on with the land past the public boat ramp and across 225. I am familiar with the property that Mr. Cole hunts and know the landowner there, also have some friends who have a place on 403. I love hearing the stories from the area and would love to hear more especially about the history of the area. I live in Milton FL, but listed my location as Portland Landing, thanks for any replies
Kevin

Elkhunter and I could tell stories for days about that place... Barry, the land he bought is the land that I was talking about buying on the right hand side before the main gate but Dennis talked me out of. I PM'd you back on PFF too...