Top pic is Pineland plantation (Albany Ga area) owned by the Mellons - close to 30,000 acres of fine bird habitat. 2nd pic is my bird dog on Nilo plantation owned by the Williams, I think around 20,000 acres, very historic place designed when Olin Mills folks owned it. Third pic is Peachburn plantation in Union Springs. 4th is right after third was taken. 5th is Rosina plantation in Thomasville Ga area. Last is Herbert Stoddard and Henry Beadle on Tall Timbers in North Fl.

I spent 3 years riding horses with the hunting parties tracking quail while hunting - very interesting. They rotate out dogs quick like 30 minutes or so and usually bring a lot of dogs. True wild birds are also hard to hit. I hunted with a friend in Union Springs the last week of season last year and we found 6 coveys in the afternoon - shot into all 6 - I shot 13 shells, he shot 15 - we never cut a feather. It was embarrassing!

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine