Originally Posted By: cartervj
Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Originally Posted By: CPiper
It just is not worth the time and energy to chit-chat on these forums. Too many closed minds, too many folk that want to jump on someone's butt when someone does not agree, too much misinformation, too much stupid information ....... dumb dumb me thought I could come on here and learn something about the deer and deer hunting situation in Alabama. Turns out it boils down to just about the[b][/b] same condition as most states in the Southeast.
The REAL deer managers will tell you the easy part of managing deer is the deer, and the HARD part is managing the hunters.
Where does the future of Sport Hunting lie if HUNTERS cant agree on a couple of important issues?
Where does the future of our wildlife lie if HUNTERS cant agree on what is best for the wildlife?

When was the last time YOU stopped an asked "what is best for the deer?"?
Why does it always boil down to "what is best for ME ME ME?"?

Iv asked my last question.
Iv put in my last input.
I am going to shut up and just go spend time in the woods.

Hunt Safe.
Hunt Legal.
Hunt Fun.
HUNT.

Ya'll carry on. Keep banging your heads together. Good Luck!

Ding ding ding!!!!!!!!! Obviously, the best way to get any information is managing by coercion and FORCE by the government. Otherwise, if you disagree you are stupid!

Have fun in the woods CPiper and don't forget to record every waking moment and share your time in the woods with the Government I am sure they would love to get your insight on the state of hunting statewide in Alabama!

We've seen what unmanaged looks like, pretty sure they closed the season for a few decades while restocking was being done.

I didn't know the deer were almost extinct in Alabama and that restocking was needed. Thanks, now that I have been enlightened by all means use the FORCE of the government to cause COMPLIANCE and get the data from DEAD deer necessary to see if in fact extinction is near!

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope