Originally Posted By: Cuz-Pat
Personally, I'd like to see the State change the rule to Supplemental feeding being allowed from February 1st - October 5th ONLY.

From October 6th - January 31st no Supplemental feeding of any type allowed at all. If a warden finds it out during that time anywhere on your hunting property it's a ticket, no questions asked.

Of course, this is just my opinion but if they would do this all "gray" areas of the law would be totally eliminated.

Now, ya'll can jump on me with both feet. I know it's coming. grin

Why Cuz them poor little ole Alabama deer will starve if there ain't no supplemental feed out during huntin' season!!

I think you may be on to something here. Of course, I don't believe some will be able to catch on to your ideas though. Sad really when you think about it.

You know I really have not seen any studies or heard any comments about how supplemental feeding of deer in alabama with feed or corn from a feeder during hunting season improves the health of the deer or how it magically increases the antlers of already hardened bone. Have I missed something??

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope