I have recently contacted NRCS about 22 acres of Hardwood bottom land in Tallapoosa County less that 1/10th mi from Lake Martin. I am asking for assistance in 2-3 acre pond in a bottom with 3 springs and an overflowing old well. I am mainly asking for layout and recommendations for sizing. The property is pretty much all hardwood, mainly white oak, red oak, hickory,beech,dogwood, etc. with some scrub from a select cutting 12 yrs ago. I am considering shredding scrubs and cutting gum's out or would the cover with scrub be better? The scrub cutting would allow for planting of various fruit trees or maybe bur oak. Will the NRCS make good recommendations for wildlife habitat for deer and turkey? (they love it the way it is) my property adjoins trust land several hundred acres. This is my home and i want to improve asthetics and improve the nutritional year around. I am considering crab apples, muscadines, So, the lady said she would have wildlife biologist accompany her for soil samples for pond site and assign engineer. Can I get them to help with actual construction? I read somewhere that if I supported endangered fish species that they would assist in construction. I would prefer mainly pan fish, any recommendations or ideas would be appreciated.

Any experience with newer strain of chestnut and its disease resistance?

WM Hunter "Trump literally sacrificed himself, his family and all of his businesses for this country.
He literally is a true American hero. And True American Patriot - warts and all."