Originally Posted By: JSanford1974
Originally Posted By: bamachem
We had some company Yukons with the 5.3 at work that were doing that. $700 at the dealer and it quit. Something they had to do inside the oil pan. Drop pan, swap part or whatever, and replace pan. Way overpriced for what was don and you could easily do it yourself in a couple hours on a set of ramps in the driveway.

Never heard that. The oil usage may have something to do with the relief valve in the oil pan on AFM motors. I don't have a late model truck so I only researched complete removal of the AFM stuff. That's how I came across the problem with the late model motors.

We did the dealer "fix" thing, but it did not solve the issue. They kept ti for a couple days, did some work to the oil pan or something inside there. Had us bring it back to them every few weeks for them to check the oil level, add oil free of charge, track the usage and keep notes on what was going on. Problem never went away. Eventually they said to us..."nothing more we can do until GM does a full recall".

Solid truck other than that...not a single glitch at 110K. We just keep 4 quarts of oil in the tool box now. Check oil every week and add as needed.

Last edited by straycat; 11/30/12 04:26 PM.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams