Originally Posted By: bill
Originally Posted By: 7MAG
I have had a Treewalker for several years now and love it. Now I got a Titan to go with it. Treewalker to tote in and the Titan to lock to a tree and leave and take the seat with me.

I wouldn't leave any summit or aluminum stand out in the elements over night. I love summits but I sent 4 of them back to the factory for replacement before I found out what the problem was. every stand I got would eventually stay making a creaking noise. It wasn't super loud but it sounded loud enough I'd been busted a couple times.

A summit rep finally told me that leaving the stand out for days would allow the metal to expand and contact with temperature changes and eventually lead to microscopic cracks in the welds. He also said if it rained water could get in the tubes and freeze causing the welds to crack enough to be dangerous.

I never had that problem with steel stands but every aluminum stand I left out for a week or longer would have that problem.

That's weird. I left my Goliath in a tree from mid January until the following September and it's never popped like that.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14