Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
I've been reading this thread, but haven't commented; time to share my great wisdom. smile

Just a few random comments:

1) 2) 3) 4) 5)

Yea figured you would have to weigh in..On the other side!! wink
1)Fair or not, THIS is from their website:
Quote:
to restore Record Breaking Genetics to Marengo County’s deer herd. How are we going to do this? We will be releasing 200″ genetic Breeder Bucks into the wild all across Marengo County in the fall of 2012

2)I agree, very little chance of ANY effect on the genetics of Marengo co.... so why say you plan on "restoring record breaking genetics" there? Truth in advertising - importantly TRUTH. However, you have to agree there IS a risk, so why not just do it in a high fence and not risk other landowners deer herd?

4) Again truth in advertising. Is this project supposed to improve Marengo co's genetics? Increase income to the county? Increase land sales at Tutt land? Which is it? Lets be honest.

I agree, the odds of anything changing in the deer herd is nil, maybe in hunter attitudes, but as I said, they already have an excellent platform to "educate hunters" on the benefits of quality HABITAT management, burning, thinning and such. In my opinion, this would have a HUGE positive impact on the deer herd in Marengo county, provide education for Marengo and surrounding countues, increase bookings at local lodges AND increase land sales at Tutt land. THis would be a REAL project that would be lauded by biologists and hunters alike. Heck I might even volunteer some time! Might even go over well here at aldeer!! grin

As usual you HAD to pick the opposing side wink

Originally Posted By: polywaug
poorcountrypreacher i agree 100%. This whole thread is about a few guys who want to talk big and start a whole lot about nothing. And like i said in my first post if your not from down here or at least hunt around here then go bother someone else.

Nice job PCP, encourage him. Equivalent to coming uninvited to someones backyard BBQ complaining about the food and telling the homeowner to "go bother someone else" when he tells you to get lost.

Last edited by gobbler; 10/13/12 11:16 PM.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine