Originally Posted By: doekiller
I just read an add for this in the Linden Newspaper. I had previously not read anything on it before except here.

Here is a link to the ad (the website for Big Buck Project calls it an article).

AD

I am not getting into any of the it is good or bad, frankly, I don't care. I hope one of those monsters walks in front of me. But, I know Roy Jordan. I figured he was involved. He told me last year he was going to do this and was trying to figure out how to keep people from shooting them. He also has done it in the past without anyone knowing. He previously released bucks and bred does on his land. I got that from the man himself.

The way I look at it is this. IF he wants to waste his money on this, it is his money. I don't think (I am not a biologist) that this few number of deer are going to make any difference or spread any illness.

If someone was trying to do this in Jackson Co., I would care. They can throw all their money out the window for all I care but releasing bucks and does would have a direct effect on the deer herd in my area. This I would have an issue with. I'm not a purist but at the same time I don't want to kill a 160 and have to question if it is a native buck or one of the bucks released. I would think this would be a common concern through out the state, by hunters that are more about the hunting and achieving goals through habitat improvements and letting bucks get older than by the perceived instant gratification of shooting breeder bucks. I guess patience, hard work and dealing with what mother nature has dealt you is just not enough these days.