dreambuck, what is your opinion on the reality that 180-200" genetics could already exist in native Alabama deer? Do you think the MW has better genetics and if so how do you come to that conclusion? I think they just have much better soil/ food and it's more huntable land.

What your facility does and what goes on in free range in the MW is like apples and poop. You are taking semen from the bucks that grow large racks and putting that in a doe, that has also mothered large horned bucks and keeping them in a pen. You are manipulating the genetics, more or less in a lab. This can not happen to free range... the genetics are already there, they are just spread out and random. free range is random, spruratic, nothing is the same, etc., etc. so mother nature has already proven that attempting to manipulate genetics on free range land is futile. It wouldn't shock me at all if there was a buck on my farm right now that has the genetics to go 170+ but that doesn't mean he will ever get there, or be seen if he did get there. Food, stress, age, and daytime movement would all play a part of this buck reaching his potential and then being seen and killed. None of these are an issue in a pen.