Wife and I went out last weekend to do some deep dropping for grouper and to check some other spots out. Plan was to run 75 miles to fish a spot I have done well at before. At 55 miles, one of my bottom machines quit working so we had to fish solely on #’s with no sonar. That frustrated me because I enjoy watching the electronics but was pretty sure we could do ok. First spot we deep dropped at yielded nothing which was very surprising. Since we were blind, decided to run to some more consistent spots that were in 420’. We immediately started catching them. Snowy grouper, scamp and mingos were thick and hungry. She had a blast catching them on the electric reel. I opted to hand crank which is a lot of work but not too bad unless….a big jack or shark doesn’t mess with you. Yep, they both decided to bite along with the grouper. Gave me a good workout and she got a chuckle. Ended up being a great day getting our grouper limit, pulling on some fish and seeing a beautiful sunset from the harbor.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]