Originally Posted by Mbrock
If the state spent as much time on educating the public AND demonstrating proper habitat management on public lands, like gobbler said, they’d get a lot better results. All the information being concluded from these later starting dates is NOT supporting their theory. It’s refuting it. Meanwhile, they’re handing out awards for the state’s exemplary example of conservation leaders. It’s pathetic. I have to admit I was on the fence on some of these things years ago when the theories were first presented, but I’ve come full circle understanding they’re grasping at nonsense to correct a problem that is much more likely to resolve itself through gaining public trust again by properly educating the public on sound habitat management actions. They’ve already lost the public’s attention at this point. Gaining it back will be very difficult.

Ive said a couple things for years and a quick search on my posts on this site would verify it.

If the State cared about turkeys, management areas would be a shining example of how to conduct wildlife management. They should get all the penny loafer biologists out of the office and hand them a pair of boots and a drip torch. They own thousands of acres of management area land, forever wild land and can have an impact on management of much of the National Forest land. That should be enough to show intent.

Why is our State, which used to be the turkey mecca of the US, not participating in wild turkey research

How is our director getting accolades for his dedication to conservation when the opposite seems to be true

Regarding Chamberlains dominant gobbler theory I have always said the season limit was a crock of crap. Even Chuck said it wouldn't matter if the limit was 5 or 50, it won't effect reproduction and poult recruitment. However, I gave the season timing a "possible" for reproduction impact. With the few studies coming out now it appears that delaying opening the season has no impact either.

I know for a fact that the Department was wisely advised to make the changes of lowered limits and delayed season on a few select management areas and national forests to see if it had an effect. They decided to institute it over the whole state so that there was no way to study the effects or lack thereof. Kinda like instituting game check and changing the methods of the previous survey at the same time so no comparisons can be made to past survey results.

Worst administration in my lifetime and they are loosing good employees as a result

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine