Originally Posted by Pwyse
Originally Posted by JustHunt
Originally Posted by Pwyse
Depends on how much pressure is on the club. If a doe gets popped every time one walks out into the farm land, of course they will stay on the 2000 acres. Especially if this is happening when no one is on the club property like during the summer.

Will they be over populated? That depends on what you consider overpopulated.

I know if 3-4 guys were hunting that 2000 acres, and they did it right to keep pressure to a minimum, the deer would thrive there if they went about it right. But if you pile 10 people on it, and they are there every weekend riding 4 wheelers all over the place… yeah it’s going to struggle.

Man times have changed I reckon. When did putting 10 people on 2000 acres become piling em in?? We have more than that on 2000 acres and we see deer all the time.

And that’s typical here in Alabama. I wasn’t saying you wouldn’t see any deer, I was just saying that pressure on the 2000 would definitely push more deer out to the surrounding properties. But yeah 200 acres per hunter is typical. I was in a club that had that ratio but one of our members owns about 260 beside it. It rarely gets pressure and he gets a lot more mature buck pics than we typically do. Not more mature bucks but more mature buck pics. Also one of the adjoining land owners is well off and he owns about 2k acres with no members hunting it. Just him and his dad. And they rarely kill. So there are a lot of deer that leave our property to live in his sanctuary for lack of better term.

If you’re talking about I think you are, he and his dad have 7,000 acres between what they own and lease. And they mainly turkey hunt it, it rarely gets deer hunted.