Well, almost free, cost was $22. As I've stated here before about camera warranty, it pays to know who to buy from.

If you purchase your trail cams from walmart online, they offer a 3 year warranty for an extra $22 when you get to the end of your purchase process.

Had 2 of my tactacams bite the dust within 2 weeks of each other, they are the oldest of my 9 that I own, they were 2 years & 2 months old. That sideways rain we had a couple weeks ago must have done them in, both had water in the door latch where the controls are. So I pulled my email receipt which contained the link on it for a claim. Went through the steps two days ago (all by email) and just got my email that they are shipping the 2 brand new cameras to me.

Here's how it worked: They sent an email to offer me cash first for each camera, $105 for each, I denied, which is an option, then they responded with 3 different cameras and told me to pick the one I wanted. None of the three choices were the Tactacam 2.0 which I had. The links they included for me to choose from where Amazon links. So, I found the Gen 2.0 on Amazon and replied and said "I do not want any of the options you sent, I want the camera I paid for to be replaced with the exact model and I included the link from Amazon. They replied back and said yes and I would get an email soon. Note: I do not have to send the failed cams back to the warranty people.

As most of us know, all but a few cam brands are china made, they come with a 1 year warranty (unless you buy from trailcampro.com, then it's 2 years) and it's a roll of the dice sometimes that these will make it past 2 years in the woods. I learned from my brownings I use to run that purchasing from walmart with the warranty was the way to go. (I do buy from trailcampro.com also).

Thought this was pretty good info for those of you running tactacams or thinking of a brand that will take care of you.

Last edited by LetOff; 01/17/24 07:14 PM.

Ain't nothing a sharp knife can't fix