Originally Posted By: hawglips
All this talk about handling stylish Turkish and Italian gals got me to thinking about a new love. So, I went and bought a homely Mexican-American sweetie the other day.

I've been using my son's 870 for my 20 gauge turkey gun the past few years, so I needed to get my own anyway. A young fellow that lives nearby bought his young wife a brand new Mossberg Maverick 88 (26" barrel), and before she even shot it, decided she didn't like it. So, he needed to sell it, and I caved and volunteered to take it off his hands.

I haven't shot it yet, but if she shoots anything like her Mossy 500 12 ga cousin I have, she'll put plenty of wild meat on the ground before she's done.

And I figure the $1000 I saved by going with the Mexican-American instead of the Italian will finance my TSS turkey shell needs for the next 30 seasons....

Congrats on the new gun, Hal! Show us a picture; I've got no idea what a Mexican Mossberg looks like. If she will work as hard as gobbler's Mexicans on his spray crew, you ought to be fine. smile

But you gotta be kidding on $1000 covering your tss needs for 30 seasons. One, maybe. smile

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.