We hunted in western Wyoming last fall and had in incredible time. I had a few preference points built up but you can typically draw that tag with 2 points. I bought another one for Wyoming this year but I want to save Wyoming points for a unit with better trophy potential or limited entry.
If you haven't been I would suggest trying to find a way to get out west to hunt elk during the rut. It's expensive and our hunt was more than what I wanted to pay but the experience was worth it.

I'm looking for a recommendation for an archery elk hunt with an outfitter where we can get guaranteed tags. I know Idaho allocates tags in certain areas to outfitters that can be bought over the counter. Colorado also has over the counter tags and others have landowner type tags that can be purchased through an outfitter. I do plan to put in for New Mexico which is just a random draw but I really would like some first hand recommendations for a place we could book and go the same year and not be worried about drawing a tag or not. I have also been buying Montana points and do have a recommend outfitter there that some of my friends have been hunting with.

If you have experience with a quality outfitter for archery elk hunting that meets these criteria please let me know. I can't wait to go back but it's a lot of money and want to be sure we go with a quality outfitter that has a good reputation. I also realize you can pay big money to hunt reservations, private ranches, etc. but that's probably going to be out of my budget. I would like to stay in the $5,000-$7,500 price range which seems to be what backcountry elk hunts cost.

Thanks in advance.