Originally Posted by gobbler
If we have a program or make a season or limit change we should damn well have some data to back it up. Something actually showing 1) we have a problem and 2) that the proposed solution will be impactful.

This “data” thingy seems to just be something we use when its convenient.

Where was the data showing what we currently did would work??.......Where is the data showing 5 gobblers was the correct bag limit to begin with?........Where is the data showing the Feb deer extension wouldn’t hurt anything??............Where is the data showing the impacts of legalizing turkey decoys??...........Where the data showing we had too many does and needed to kill 2 per day??........ Where is the data showing the impacts that legalizing corn baiting would have and how many extra coons it would create?........But we need “data” before we can create a trapping incentive to counter it??......Again, sure seems like we pick and choose when we want to pull that stipulation out of the hat.

I don’t know that there’s any way to conduct a study that’s gonna tell you exactly how a state wide trapping incentive would work out in every county before you enact it……I feel like if you could though it would likely show varying degrees of impact from place to place with an overall net positive across the board…….Right now though, “show me the data” just seems to be the go to phrase that we pick and choose to throw out when its convenient to our arguement…..Just like already mentioned…..nobody needs data to pass a baiting law but suddenly we need it for a trapping incentive……That’s mighty convenient.

Last edited by CNC; 05/30/23 08:23 AM.

We dont rent pigs