Here’s something else that could potentially happen from such an incentive………There’s an estimated 70,000 turkey hunters in the state from what I looked up……correct me if that’s wrong. Now I’m guessing that’s overestimating when it comes to the number of serious turkey hunters who actually go numerous times per season……..But lets say there’s 40,000 serious hunters and of that half decide they want to take advantage of the trapping incentive…….20,000 hunters……..It would take 400,000 coon tails to fill that demand……..In a situation like that it wouldn’t take too long for folks to really have to branch out looking for coons to trap…..

That’s one of the things that leads me to believing that a high percentage of properties would start getting trapped…….Even if 10,000 hunters participated that would be 200,000 coons annually which I believe is higher than any of the top years during the fur era. That may be wishful thinking though for that many to participate……but if they did it might get interesting.

I think it would probably end up striking a pretty good balance when all was said and done……You’d have some folks on social media boasting about “getting their twenty!”……turkey season would roll around and other folks would be hatin on them for getting to go early and the guy that trapped his would be telling them folks to go out and trap their twenty if they wanted to start early too……..and it would make for good entertainment and a bunch of extra turkeys. smile

Last edited by CNC; 05/21/23 10:18 PM.

We dont rent pigs