Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by abolt300
It costs money. That automatically makes it a no go for Chuckie. He's more interested in devising new fees and licenses to increase revenue, than he is spending money to help wildlife and hunters.

Then again he's probably considering it. His proposal will be something like this. For $1000 you could buy a trapping incentive license to participate in the plan. Annual license for $1000 bucks and you get paid $5 for every coon caught. Limit will be one coon per day and you can only submit your catch between the hours of midnight and 2AM, on every 5th Wednesday, and if you live in north AL, you have to submit yours in Mobile and if you live in south AL, you've got to submit yours in Huntsville. Should be a winner. You've only got to catch and turn in 200 coons a year, to breakeven on the license cost. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. There will be a limited number of permits available. Application fee is a non-refundable $200, but in an effort to be fair, Chuckie will insist that if you dont get drawn, that you get preference points for future drawings.

Lol, that's a good one!

I have a better idea to produce more turkeys - let turkey season run March 15 to April 30 with a 5 bird limit. The opportunity for that much hunting will give landowners and lease holders all the incentive they need to carry out ALL the management practices that will lead to more turkeys.

It's Reaganomics applied to wildlife management, and it's nothing new. Alabama did it for over 50 years and it worked great.

Except it stopped working great or more hunters showed up or something but Turkey hunting in yhe areas I hunt is not what it was 10-30yrs ago

I don't know what to tell you on that; your place is something of a mystery to me. I've spent the day working on mine about 10 miles from you and there is turkey sign everywhere. Come over in the morning and I will show you the things that I'm doing, and we might even hear a gobbler. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks for the invite. But got to coach soccer tomorrow morning and evening.