Originally Posted by Nightwatchman
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by ikillbux
Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
SEEING all these replies i may rethink my decision on trying out turkey hunting. Seems more politics involved than deer hunting.... Sheesh!

It's like this.... at a point, the turkey hunter has to police his self. If I was in a club, and I knew anyone other than me turkey hunted, I would choose to just turkey hunt elsewhere (instead of trying to come up with some complicated system to keep ourselves spread apart). Yeah, that's unfortunate (because, after all, it's a HUNTING club), but I know myself well enough to know that I don't play well with others in general, and 101% don't when it comes to turkey hunting. There ain't gonna be a turkey gobbling on every corner of the property, and on any given day there might be one in this area, or that area, or who the heck knows where LOL. So I'm not gonna take a fluke luck chance of driving to the club and not even know if I'll be around a turkey, and I DANG sure ain't gonna stay in my area while one burns the woods up in another area. If I can't go to any turkey I hear, I'm self-electing not to hunt there. It's okay, it really is.

There's just not an answer to the quandry....other than the hunters themselves have to self-elect not to hunt there, or just the personality type who isn't spun up about matters like this.

I'm curious as to where you turkey hunt to never have to listen to a gobbling turkey that you can't go to that morning? That happens to me multiple times a season. Many times a turkey is across the property line and too far away to call. There's nothing to do but to look for another one. Other times someone I'm hunting with is on the turkey and I'm sure not gonna go in on him and mess up his hunt

I count 6 mornings this past season that I listened to turkeys gobble and wasn't able to hunt them, and that's pretty normal. I would rather be able to go to any turkey that gobbles, but I don't know of a way to make that happen. Even when I hunted a lot of public land there were times when the turkey would be on the private side.

Frustrating when one is gobbling REALLY well on the ground at about that 250 yard mark but there's a property line between you and him. all you can do is sit up against the tree with paint on it and do your best.

When you put your back on the painted tree, are you facing your way or his way…..😁
Nothing more frustrating than having to turn your back to a bird fired up deep into the joining property.