Another issue I ran into today was with my Lyman powder Scale.

I wanted my charge weight to be consistent at 37.6gr of H4350, but kept running into some issues between my powder trickler and scale keeping zero-tare.

First, I would dump a charge and empty it into the tray and use a powder trickler to add the last few 0.1's of a grain into it. What I found is that when I used the powder.trickler slow and steady, the weight wouldn't change. But then, I'd pick up the powder tray and reset it on the scale and it would be 1-2 grains too heavy all of the sudden. Best I could figure was that the small incrental additions were too small to register, but when I reset the whole tray it was able to ready the whole new weight correctly. Which, if this is the case, what is the point of a powder trickler?

Whenever this happened, it seemed like my scale would lose its zero altogether, but that Lyman 1500 microtouch would periodically lose zero for seemingly no reason.

I did the calibration steps when I turned it on but I frequently had to keep rezeroing and check weighing every round...gets annoying when this thing is supposed to be accurate to within 0.1 grains.

Anyone have any suggestions or faced this issue before?

Professional Smart Alec