Originally Posted by Skinny
Originally Posted by klay
Originally Posted by abolt300
Trump is in Florida. The case is a New York State case, not federal. Trump can go to New York voluntarily or he can sit his happy butt in Florida. At that point, the state of NY will have to petition the State of Florida to pick him up and extradite him to NY. Anyone care to guess who has the final say as to whether FL will honor NY’s request? Yep, Ron Desantis can tell NY to go get F’ed. I’d love to see that happen.

He already has.

[Linked Image]

Is that real or just some internet crap?

I havent heard or seen it posted anywhere official, and I dont trust a twitter post. But like I wrote, before Klay ever posted that twitter link, it is well within Desantis's and other governor's purviews as to whether they honor other state's requests. It is typically automatically done as a normal course of business, but I had a sneaking suspicion that given the crookedness of how all this was going down, that Desantis just might buck normal protocol and tell New York to sit and spin. Especially given that he wants the presidential nomination and to get it, he will have to pull the Trump base over to him. What better way than to show he's part of the anti-establishment team? His refusal to honor NY's request to extradite Trump is something he will be able to hang his hat on when things get rough between him and Trump during the primary. Desantis can be like Trump and play hardball when needed, but he has way more political polish and he's smart enough to think ahead, rather than shooting from the hip all the time.

Last edited by abolt300; 03/31/23 01:36 PM.