Originally Posted by Fattyfireplug
Originally Posted by daylate
Originally Posted by Fattyfireplug
Trump cult.

Hmm, I have heard that label somewhere before. Where was it? Oh, that's right, the Democrats use that constantly.

In the unlikely event you're deaf or dumb, it's not just the democrats. I've never been mistaken for one. However, I'm a mature adult conservative that leans libertarian. I watched and formed a strong dislike for Trump well before he ran for office. I've seen nothing to change my opinion of the man. I can support some of his policies (but not all) and respect his love for this country, which is surpassed only by his love for himself. When he lashes out at Desantis and other conservatives, he shows his true colors. He doesn't care for anything more than himself. He never takes the high road. He always takes the low road, and takes childish shots at everyone, regardless of their political standing. To him Desantis is no different that Hillary, even though Desantis would likely be his best supporter to bring him votes if he endorsed Trump. Instead he resorts to childish names. All democrats and a large contingent of republicans can't stand him for those very reasons. Lets ignore democrat / republicans. Lets talk Liberal / Swing / Conservative. Liberals hate him. 100% of them. Conservatives are tired of him, probably at the rate of 30% or more. Swing voters make the difference ONLY if the GOP turn out near 100% and that's not gonna happen with Trump. Too many will sit on the sidelines because he's alienated them. And he will destroy the next best option if challenged. That's who he is. Those who make excuses for Trump are a CULT. That's a cold hard fact. If he changed and ran as a democrat, his followers would vote for him. So Trump Cult isn't a name. It's a description and frankly it's one that fits. There are cult followings on both sides of the political spectrum. Lemmings on both sides. Sheep on both sides. Traitors and turncoats on both sides. Dumbarses on both sides. When you're in the middle and step back to take a wide view of things, there isn't a hell of a lot of difference between the two political sides. Just a difference on what they want Government to impose on everyone.

Don't sweat it. Trump Devotion Syndrome is a real thing just like Trump Derangement is a real thing. We will never convince those devoted to a man that they should instead be devoted to the constitution when it comes to who we vote for.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard