We headed back into town for lunch and that afternoon, I went to check out a new piece of property and took one guy with me and my partner took the other guy with him back to the main 8000 acre ranch.

This new ranch is 500 acre is east of town about 20 minute. It is not on the river but it has lots of canyon and a large alfalfa field on the top. It also have two corn pivets that join the property that are probably 200 acre each. It should be an awesome deer hunting tract.

As soon as we crossed the cattle guard into the property we spotted two gobblers strutting for a few hens. We stopped and got around them and got set up on them. I called a little to them and they didn't respond so I had to get in front of them. After a short wait, boom....my second 10" 2 year old Merriam's was dead.

We then continued into the property and came up on one of the larger alfalfa fields. This one is about 25 acres and it had 5 strutting gobblers and 15 or so hens in it. We watched them and decided where they were going so we go into the woods in front of them and after a few soft calls, one of the gobblers made his way in front of me and boom....#3 down.

We waited until nearly dark that day and try and roost some of these birds so that we could get the other guys on the the next morning.

All four of us where out there at daylight the next morning and we spotted 30 or so turkeys in an alfalfa field. There were 6 strutting gobblers and a few other gobblers in the field. We worked around to where they were going and came up from the bottom of one of the canyons. After lots of belly crawling we got out in the middle of the field and had to ambush two of the gobblers.

We hunted a little more that day to try and get the other two guys their 3rd bird each but they were both satisfied so we jumped back in the truck and headed home.

Ten gobblers in less than two days of hunting....not bad. wink

IKNOWMYPHUCKINGCODEDAMMITYOUDICKHEAD!!!