From a wildlife standpoint, turkey and deer hunting- which would you prefer.. fields of good grass year around or rowcrop while its there, but pretty much bare fields after its harvest until its replant?

We are pulling approx 100 acres of our farm out of row crop rotation for a year or so. Depending on things, it may or may not even go back into rotation. I’ve thought about putting it into hay, either doing it myself or just going the rent route. We have no use for hay since we don’t have animals so it would be to sell and to keep the fields looking good. Way back, the property was in hay and my wife much preferred the property when we had “pretty” hay fields than when its in corn or beans.

I’ve had people tell me they think a property is better when row cropped, I’ve had others tell me they think a property is better when it has good grass year around. Ya’ll have an opinion?

From a dollar standpoint, I don’t even know what hay sells for or how worthwhile it is or isn’t doing it yourself vs renting.

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.