Originally Posted by Southwood7

Redcoat, I admire your persistence! Don’t give up.

If you’ve hunted 26 times and seen 3 deer I’d say you need to change your tactics.

Are you hunting the same 2 or 3 spots every time you hunt? How often are you checking your cameras or are they cellular?

First time sits have been very good to me so you really need to bounce around. Even if you’re only adjusting your set up by 100 yards. In my experience you have to scout weekly to have success on public land. The pressure on gun days causes deer to change their behavior and patterns. If you’re not scouting more than you’re hunting then you are not going to have consistent success. For what it’s worth I’ve killed most of my public land bucks in the morning and a couple of my best bucks were killed after 9am.

The frequency ive checked them has varied. Some i checked after 3 days. Some i checked after 3 weeks. Also checked some after a hunt in the same location.

I havent hunted the same spot twice. Same area for sure. Some several times. But always different positions depending on the wind. Or just found a better approach.

I do think i got busted in one particular area due to the way i was accessing it. Its tough to explain over txt. But basically i would come in from the south then turn west on a trail before continuing south. I would walk past 3 different areas that look good for bedding. Now when i access. I have a longer walk in. But its all from a southern direction. So if any deer are bedded, only the ones on that side would bust me if i walk past them. The deer cant be looking at two parallel trails so my odds are better.
But i havent seen any deer coming either way yet

Ive had bucks daylighting in that area on camera. Even a buck fight on camera. So i know they are around.

I have 1 cell cam and 5 regular.