When I hunt public land I like to look like a disco going in in the morning. No joke I have one of those blinking red lights joggers wear and a headlamp going. People lose their minds when they think there's a deer.

Running cameras lays down your scent, which makes deer change time and place. Older bucks notice cameras. If you'd be happy with any buck you don't need a picture of it anyhow.

You can find a ton of heavy, fresh sign in places deer will never be when the sun is up.

Re: buck hunting, there are times when you're maneuvering at bow hunting range even though you have a rifle. It doesn't help to be able to see a large area because you won't see the deer unless you are on top of it. When they're wide open chasing, yeah you can benefit from being able to see a long way. Most other time you need to be on the x in the thick to see them in daylight.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." Grab some buckshot and go root one out of bed. Back when I hunted only public that's how I topped off the freezer at the end of season; mid-day during the week when I was the only one out there. A windy day and an overgrown clearcut or short pines means meat.

If you don't have a handle on where they bed you're going to have to figure that out to consistently be on them in daylight hours.