Originally Posted by johndeere5036

Man it seems like you’re doing the right things and putting in the time. A lot of luck has to go into to it as well. My opinion this time of the year I’d be focusing on where the does were. If you’re hunting buck sign and they are out chasing they may never come back to that scrape again. I’ve never hunted public land so I might be wrong but this time of year I normally focus on the does

I appreciate your advice. That doe i saw saturday was the first id seen since mid november. I killed one with the bow then. my first year hunting public. I saw a doe my second hunt this year back in october and I was like "public is the way to go". I couldn't get a shot on her but still excited to see one that close. she was about 7 yards away. came in behind me and i couldn't get turned around.

I'm a new hunter really. didn't start at all til i was 42. Went to my neighbors land twice and killed a doe.

All that to say, im not positive where to find the does either. reckon i'll just hunt the two or 3 spots i have seen them.

The cameras are a double edged sword. they keep me hunting the same areas, i know the deer are there. but for whatever reason they don't come out when im around.

Ive gotten better on my approaches with scent control, silencing my gear and what not. But not seeing the success i think i should.

being in the woods is cool and all. but after 100 hours staring at the woods. I want to see a deer every so often