Originally Posted By: jlccoffee

Similar to what BSK said, just because the limit was 1 a day doesn't mean anyone was shooting 1 a day. Wasn't the average number of bucks per hunter less than 2? Weren't most hunters moving toward some sort of QDM on their own? Weren't most hunters limiting themselves and more each year? Why not continue down that road rather than calling for the government to step in if we truly believe in small government?

The move toward QDM in Alabama was an example of exactly how the USA was designed to function. People with freedom gravitate toward the right solution. Not central planning dictating what it thinks is the best solution from the top down.

Quote:
Data collected by the AWF indicate that approximately 1/3 of the total buck harvest in Alabama can be attributed to hunters who harvest 4 bucks or more. In other words, only 4% of the licensed hunters in the state are responsible for over 30% of the bucks taken!

It seems like you are a fan of regulations allowing those with large landholdings to be given special rights?! So someone with 10,000 acres to hunt by himself gets to shoot 100 bucks and the guy that leases a 40 only gets one every other year?

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine